- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pack Ocean Road Prime abalone (200g), sliced to about 0.5cm thick.
- 200g dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a large pan over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan. Once the butter is melted, add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute). Do not brown.
- Pour in wine and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by half.
- Add cream and allow to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and add the spaghetti and abalone to the pan to warm through slightly. Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with pan-friend asparagus (optional).