This easy-to-make and super delicious recipe is designed for our canned abalone in brine. All you need are Ocean Road™ canned abalone, mirin, rock sugar and Japanese soy sauce. Make your own restaurant quality meal at home!
- 1 can of Ocean Road™ abalone, separate abalone from the brine.
- 250ml abalone brine from the can
- 50ml Japanese soy sauce
- 50ml mirin
- 20g rock sugar
- Mix brine, soy sauce, mirin and rock sugar together in a saucepan and bring it to boil over medium heat.
- Add the abalone in the saucepan, lid on and cook for at least 2 hours over low heat.
- Serve with steam rice and Asian vegetables.
Note: depending on personal preference, you may reduce the quantity of rock sugar for a less sweet taste.