- 1 can of Ocean Road™ abalone
- 250ml chicken stock (see below)
- 1 pack of Chinese noodles
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN STOCK:
- 1 whole chicken without thighs 225g chicken feet (can be replaced with chicken wings)
- 200g mushroom
- ½ celery without leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped to half
- 3 cloves of garlic 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 30 pieces (or 20g) of white pepper
- 2 springs of thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 litres of water
Preparation of the chicken stock
- Remove the chicken skin, rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Place all the ingredients for chicken stock in a pot and bring it to the boil, and then reduces the heat to low and simmer for 4 hours with lid on.
- Sieve the solids from the soup, set aside for serving.
Preparation of the abalone meat
- Separate abalone from the brine in the can
- Place abalone into a zip lock bag and seal
- Boil a pan of water, turn off the heat and then place the bag of abalone in the water for up to 5 minutes or until the abalone is warmed through
- Mix the abalone juice with the chicken stock in a pan (ratio 1:1) and bring it to the boil. No seasoning is required.
- Cook the Chinese noodles in a separate pan and drain the water when the noddle is cooked.
- Add the noodle in the soup mix, and then place abalone on top.
- Sprinkle some spring onion for your liking to serve.